Tuesday 2 December 2014

(SPOILERS) Death On The Walking Dead.... Is It The Saddest Yet?




Much like millions of other horror fans out there, I've just finished watching the latest episode of The Walking Dead - and I've still got tears in my eyes while writing this. I think it goes without saying that this article contains MASSIVE spoilers for the TV show up until this point, so if you haven't seen that far, I advise you proceed with caution!
So If you've read on this far, I'm presuming you've seen the latest episode of The Walking Dead - and chances are, you're as gutted over the last 5 minutes of the episode as I am.
Over the past week there's been a lot of speculation over a main character death for the mid-season finale, with the two main names coming up being Carol and Beth. Personally, I guessed it was going to be Norman Reedus' character Daryl that got the axe, after hearing rumors that Reedus had cried for an hour on set before filming the mid season finale. Naturally I presumed that Reedus was upset that he had to leave the show, hence the tears - but it seems that he actually had a strong relationship with Emily Kinney on set.
There have been many sad deaths on The Walking Dead, but I would have to say that Beth's passing has upset me the most - simply because she was so young, and went out in such a violent way. Saying this, I had never been a fan of Beth, I in fact found her to be a rather annoying character - up until recently, when she was kidnapped and trapped inside Grady Memorial Hospital. By that stage I really felt for her character, and just wanted to others to rescue her.
Not to mention the fact that no one saw it coming. One minute she was about to leave with the group, and then next minute she had a bullet go through her skull - and it was pretty graphic, to say the least. So was her death the saddest yet? Hmm well...... I'd say so.


0 comments:

Post a Comment